Technology tools for teachers
Simple, powerful and free
Learn more about...
New: Knowmia's Lesson Creation Challenge
Knowmia Teach iPad App
Create and publish dynamic video presentations
A free lesson planning and recording tool for teachers. It helps you create video lessons on any subject and publish them on Knowmia.com. Knowmia Teach makes it easy to import your own visual aids, organize them in steps and record your voice and face to bring them to life. You can record illustrations as you draw them and create sophisticated animation sequences with the simple stroke of a finger.
- Build your lesson out of individual steps (like slides) so it's easy to manage and organize - each step is a separate whiteboard
- Record everything that you do as well as your voice and video to create the lesson step-by-step
- Capture your face in the video as you narrate the steps
- Import images, graphics or video clips from the iPad's media library and built-in camera - or paste in any image of your own
- Select from a wide range of background options
- Use the shape tool to quickly draw common shapes and the pen tool to draw freely with multiple pen widths and a highlighter mode
- Type text with any font/size your choose
- Use the pointer tool to attract attention to anything on the white board while recording it
- Publish the complete lesson to Knowmia.com with a touch of a button
- Make it easy for others to find your lesson by including tags that you choose yourself
Assignment Wizard Tool - Now in beta!
Build interactive assignments and track their progress in real-time
- Select video lessons that you created, choose from Knowmia's library of lessons or use any video from YouTube, Vimeo, Prezi or TED.com
- Easily add summary slides and questions (multiple-choice, open-ended, or straight from the textbook)
- Organize using simple drag and drop features
- Use a unique link for each assignment to share with your students.
- Share the same assignment with all of your students or customize for specific students
- Get instant reports at any time to help you adapt your lesson plans, with real-time metrics for each student that show answers to the assigned questions, time spent on each part of the assignment and when it was opened/closed
- Exchange feedback with your students
Requires any HTML 5 compatible web browser.
Minimum browser versions:
- Internet Explorer 8 or later
- Chrome 4 or later
- Firefox 4 or later
- Safari 4 or later
- Opera 11 or later
Video Revolution Project
Learn from experienced teachers who use video in a variety of ways
Learn from these teachers so you can create your own video lessons.These teachers answer questions such as:
- Why did they start using video in their teaching?
- What were their fears and mistakes?
- What is their process and what tools do they use?
- What impact have they seen with their students?
- What feedback have they been getting?
- What advice do they have for other teachers?
Free Training for Teachers
Let us help you get started
Learn how Knowmia can help you use video in a way that works for you. Our team will train you on how to use our free tools to create/find engaging video lessons and share them with your students.
All you need is to gather five or more interested teachers. If you are located in the San Francisco Bay Area, we'll schedule a time to visit your school and do a hands-on training. If you are located outside of the Bay Area, we'll schedule an online session with you and your colleagues.
We always welcome your input on how we can help you and make our tools work even better to suit your needs.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your free training and to ask questions.
Video Lesson Library
Explore Knowmia's growing library of educational video content
Knowmia's library includes over 13,000 video lessons on school subjects from teachers everywhere. Each lesson contains relevant tags so it's easy to find. We believe that individual students learn differently, so we welcome a wide array of teaching styles.
Teachers can use our library to share lessons with their own students and also gain a wider audience for their great work. Share your lessons today!
Want to add your own lessons?
- Use the free Knowmia Teach iPad app to create your own video presentations
- Upload any video file that you already have (QuickTime, MPEG4, H.264)
- Link to an existing lesson on YouTube, Vimeo, Prezi or TED.com
Video Creation "How-to" Guide
Learn best practices and tips for creating video presentations
Based on input from teachers, we created this simple guide that helps you choose the best tools for creating video lessons and advice for how to make your lessons even more engaging. We share pros and cons of different tools.
If you have your own advice for other teachers, please email us at email@example.com and we will share your tips with the Knowmia community.Explore the How-to Guide now